How To Identify A Lukewarm Christian
- He has time to read the newspaper every day but not the Bible. He spends more time with the sports page than he does in prayer.
- He spends as much for tobacco as he gives to the church. For lack of study he is unqualified to teach others.
- When things are not done the way he wants them, he pouts and will not co-operate. “It must be my way or none.”
- He expects to be visited when sick, but never visits the sick.
- He doesn’t have enough interest in the souls of the lost to make a serious effort to convert them.
- He expects the church to develop leaders, but never develops any leadership qualities.
- Instead of having confidence in the gospel and its power to save, he is ashamed of the word. He often criticizes plain preaching. He sets a bad example by missing church often.
- He continually finds fault with those who are trying.
- He knows he should be giving more but loves his money too much.
- He is not regular at Bible Study.
- As a warning to the above described “lukewarm Christian” we quote from Rev. 3:16. “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.”
Back to Bulletin Fodder