1. WAKE UP – Decide to have a good day. “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he...” (Proverbs 23:7); “Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice” (Philippians 4:4).
2. DRESS UP – The best way to dress up is to put on a smile. A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks. “The Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart” (1 Sam. 16:7).
3. BUTTON UP – Say nice things and learn to listen. God gave us two ears and one mouth so He must have meant for us to do twice as much listening as talking. “He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life” (Prov. 13:3). “He that goeth about as a talebearer revealeth secrets: therefore meddle not with him that flattereth with his lips” (Prov. 20:19). “Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end” (Prov. 19:20).
4. STAND UP – For what you believe in. Stand for something or you will fall for anything. “And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith” (Gal. 6:9-10).
5. LOOK UP – To the Lord. “I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me” (Phil. 4:13).
6. REACH UP – For something higher. As Jiminy Cricket sings “High Hopes,” always try to better your self. “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need” (Heb. 4:16).
7. LIFT UP – Your prayers. “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God” (Phil. 4:6).
Back to Bulletin Fodder